A showcase from Sweden where we helped our customer Ellevio roll-out over 1M smart meters.
Customer background and challenges
- Ellevio, former Fortum Eldstribution
- 4 main geographical areas in Sweden including both city and rural areas
- No of Cat 1 meters 960.000
- No of Cat 2-5 meters 26.000
- Many different AMM solutions (Telenor Sinclus, Kaifa, Powell, Itron, Landis & Gyr)
- Tender incl Program Management, establishment of AMM and cyber security solution, Roll-Out, collection for meter values
- Contract: length 10+6 years
ONE Nordic delivery
- ONE Nordic act as prime and main responsible for the establishment of the AMM solution,
roll-out of 960.000 Cat 1 meters and 26.000 Cat 2-5 meters, transition program for legacy
meters and collection service. Meters and HES system are delivered from Sagemcom
- The AMM solution as been in production since May 2020. At the moment we collect information from >550.000 NB-IoT Cat 1 meters with a ramp-up of >7.000 meters per week
- The Establishment phase incl run through of >6.000 test cases took approx. 12 months and involved more than 50 employees
- Pilot phase started 1st of June 2020, 3.500 meters and ended in august 2020
- Mass Roll-Out started 1st of September 2020. We are now more than 110 installers, 35 support resources (Roll-Out Manager, Local Area Managers, Field managers, 1st and 2nd line Customer support, resource planers, logistic, HSEQ, and road runners).
- We now run all 4 MSA chains in parallel, different geographical areas and after summer vacation all geographical areas are handled with a peak of 140 -150 installers and 45 support resources
- Our connectivity level are >99.8
- ONE Nordic has developed and implemented all necessary processes, routines, documents and instructions incl up-dates on Lesson Learn from the 2nd Generation of Smart Meter program and NB IoT technology.